The Excellence Ringette Program provides systemic and systematic training and competition environments, based on Ringette Canada’s Athlete Development Matrix (ADM), with the intention of helping athletes achieve their highest level of performance. Athletes will be provided with a daily training environment, and access to sport resources and personnel, giving them the opportunity to develop into high performance athletes.
Excellence Ringette Program 2021 Athlete Orientation schedule has been released. Athletes who will be in U16, U19 and 18+ during the 2021-2022 ringette season are eligible to register. For details on the orientations including how to register, dates and times of orientations and what information will be covered please read Ringette BC’s release on our Latest News.
Ringette BC will have three Excellence Centres.
Training weekends will be scheduled between the regions based on the proportionality of participants
The Excellence Ringette program is designed to support and prepare athletes and coaches to compete at the High Performance level, such as
Canadian Ringette Championships
Canada Winter Games
National Ringette League
World Ringette Championships
Ringette BC will
- Fully operate the High Performance Ringette (AA) program in BC
- Act as the “License Holder” of Excellence Ringette in BC and will be responsible for ensuring that our coaches, athletes and administrators are executing the Excellence program to the standards
- Select coaching staff
- Screen all athletes under standards set by Ringette Canada
- Manage operations of the Excellence Ringette Program
The daily operations and general administration will be lead by a Program Coordinator, hired by Ringette BC, who will be responsible for program administration.
Excellence Ringette Athletes
Excellence Ringette Coaches
Excellence Ringette Program Calendar (Typical Season)***
- May – Screening and Assessments
- June – U18 Challenge Cup
- July– Excellence Training Camp #1
- August – Excellence Training Camp #2
- September – Team BC Roster Named
- December – Excellence Training Camp #3
- February – Excellence Training Camp #4
Athletes who are selected to Team BC in U16 and U19 will have additional training camps and events.
Excellence Ringette Program Guidelines
Excellence Ringette Program Guidelines; purpose, objectives and governance.
Parent and Athlete Information Sheet
A one page overview of the Excellence Ringette Program for Athletes and their parents
Excellence Ringette Program Fitness Standards
On and off ice fitness standards athletes will need to achieve to be screened into the Excellence program
COVID-19 Related Documents