BCRA AA Program Handbook:
As part of the re-write of BCRA Policy, Procedures and Appendix, the AA Program Handbook has been redrafted and is posted in here in draft mode but contains all the current elements of the Program. The Program Handbook is open to critique now and will be adopted into Policy in March 2016.
BCRA AA Champions 2015:
Team BC for U16 is LMRL Thunder, Coach Ian Liversidge.
This team was declared Team BC in December 2014 and is made up of players from LMR, TOR and the Northern Leagues.
Team BC for U14 is LMRL Thunder, Coach Greg Crowe
This team will participate in the 2015 Western Canadian Ringette Championships in Calgary, March 25-28. Visit www.wcrc2015.ca
TEAM BC for U19 is LMRL Thunder, Coach Harold Bakke.
The LMRL defeated TORL in two games on March 14, 2015 to capture the Provincial title.
LMRL Thunder will compete at the 2015 CRC’s in Wood Buffalo, Alberta
Officials (Referees and Shot Clock) for 2015 U19AA Championships were:
Melanie Stewart, Michelle MacRae and Sharon Smit.
Tournament Supervisor was Darrell Desjardin.
BCRA Championship Tournament for U14 Development Division.
Held in North Vancouver, March 14 and 15, 2015 in conjunction with U19AA Championships.
The U14AA Development Division Tournament featured:
- U14 TORL
- U14 Northern League
- U14 LMRL and
- U16 LMRL Rep team (to fill out the pool)
- Gold: TORL
- Silver: LMRL
- Bronze: Northern League
Results of the Skills competition:
- Fastest Skater: Jaiden Leong – LMRL
- Best Goalie: Hailey Hrvatin – North
- Best Shooter: Naomi Milligan – TORL
- Team Relay: Mairead Brennan, Deni Watson, Amy Duplantis, Amanda Weloy – LMRL
- Fastest Goalie: Kayla Summerfield – TORL
Follow AA game scores live! Click here!
The Ringette Canada Team Registration Form is required to be completed by all AA teams and submitted to the BCRA office before their first out-of-province competition each season. Completing this form incorrectly will result in the form being sent back to the team to correct. This form is sent to other provinces for their tournaments, and upon a team winning Provincials is sent directly to Ringette Canada to input to the CRC database. As such it must be completed accurately and in the proper format identified below.
Proof of Certification: It is important that all bench staff have with them a copy of their certification at all major events and tournaments. A copy of the Trainer’s Certification must be sent into the BCRA office at the beginning of the season. Make sure this is valid and has not expired.
Karelo Registration: A reminder that all bench staff need to be registered as “active” in the Karelo Registration database by their local association or league. Failure to do so results in that bench staff being uninsured with BC Ringette.
Please take note of the following guidelines when completing these forms:
- Do not list bench staff who are not certified/qualified for their position.
- Make sure that all areas are completed in full.
- Do not use all capital letters for the entire form.
- Do not change the column widths or hight of the cells. Do not merge anything that is not already merged.
- List players in order by uniform number.
- Do not list nicknames. Use only full first names as they appear in the registration database.
- Only list one position per player, and type the postion in full (goalie, centre, defense, forward) rather than first letter only
- Birthdate needs to be consistently in the proper format (e.g. 05-28-1980)
- Telephone number should include dashes (e.g. 604-629-6581)
- Provincial Medical # should include spaces
- Provincial Registration # is found in the Karelo database. Association registrars can access this information.
Team Staff Information
- List team staff in the following order (Head Coach, Assistant Coach(es), Trainer, Manager
- You may only have one Head Coach, Trainer, and Manager. Do not list more than one.
- See notes above regarding birth-date, telephone number, and provincial medical #.
- The CC# needs to only be entered for coaches (not trainer or manager), but if they have certification in these areas that qualifies them for the team, please include. In other words, if your trainer is also a Level 3 coach please note this.
- For CI certification put “CI Ct.” under the “THE” column.
- For CIg certification put “CIG Ct.” under the TECH column.
- For trained status put “Tr.” in place of “Ct.”.
- Under the MAN column please put the Manager’s Certification Number to indicate “yes”. Otherwise leave blank.
- Under the TRN column please put the Trainer’s Certification Number to indicate “yes”. Otherwise leave blank.